Slab size meter using laser range sensors (SSM) is a real-time sensing system prototype to measure the size of a moving slab in real time using three laser range sensors and one tachometer. SSM was built in 1995 at POSCO and achieved 0.1 mm accuracy in range measurement.
Roughing mill plant operation flow
Slab size computation flow
Too see the full content, please visit KIPRIS and insert the patent registration number below without dash. For an example, the patent (KR 10-0473682-0000) can be found using the number 1004736820000 there.
- Pilho Kim, Variously formed slab width measuring apparatus andits method, KR 10-0473682-0000, 4 September 2005.
- Pilho Kim and Joonjeong Yi, Slab camber measuring image processing system using hierarchical image sequences, KR 10-0381099-0000, 8 April 2003.
- Pilho Kim, Slab camber measuring image processing system using color features of image sequences, KR 10-0381098-0000, 8 April 2003.
- Hong Jeong, Pilho Kim, and Taeho Kim, Slab size meter using laser range meter, KR 10-0270076-0000, 27 July 2000.
- Taeho Kim and Pilho Kim, Laser hot slab width meter and its method, KR 10-0270123-0000, 27 July 2000.